Behind the Curtain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voices soft as thunder [December 20th]

2 posters

Go down

Voices soft as thunder [December 20th] Empty Voices soft as thunder [December 20th]

Post  shemeno Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Mika smiled at the fluffy kitten as she made her way to the two of them. The smile widened slightly as Cleo interacted with Hunter. Watching the kitten watch her she watched the silver green eyes back and giggled softly as the kitten staked her claim on her leg. Curling into Hunter as he chuckled she sighed. "I wouldn't have put up much of a fight in their claiming of me. If they claimed you they have good taste, and im honored they think as much of me." She watched the two happily, scratching the kitten's ears very softly, quite fond of the little fluff ball and the pup already.

Clear grey eyes moved from the kitten up to Hunter as she sighed lightly. "I am better now. Its nicer that there isn't the other voice in my head." She sighed quietly. "Shinji wanted to show me Silver City for some reason. I met him there and I immediately didn't feel right. It was like my conscience was reminding me of things I've know Shinji has done, all the things I try not to think about. It was pushing at every sore spot I had, then it told me he'd followed you, and use that to hurt you...or me. I couldn't get the thoughts to stop, and it left me...well you came and got me." She looked down lightly.

shemeno

Back to top Go down

Voices soft as thunder [December 20th] Empty Re: Voices soft as thunder [December 20th]

Post  Admin Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:09 pm

The man turned his head, kissing Mika's temple lightly. He smiled crookedly at her assertion of the animals having good taste. "For choosing you, yes they do have good taste. I think I was the first one to feed them in some time." He said lightly, ruffling the now snoozing pup's ears. He listened to her story, his mouth set into a grim line. He'd said his piece to the mageling in the café, and he'd meant what he said. Still, it made him angry knowing what the boy had made her experience. "It is not safe in Silver City. The mage has made choices that he shouldn't have, and now he is bound to that woman. She will harm you to keep him in line. You must be careful." His hand lifted to scrub over his face.

"My first instinct is to ask you not to be near the boy, but I know that you won't assent to that. But I do not know how to make sure that his self destructive path does not harm you, as well. You know that he is going to try and win you back, don't you?" Hunter asked quietly, his question falling empty of tone, his eyes closed to hide their expression.

Admin
Admin

https://thecurtain.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Voices soft as thunder [December 20th] Empty Re: Voices soft as thunder [December 20th]

Post  shemeno Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 pm

A light laugh emanated from the angel as she snuggled against him more. She smiled warmly, still scratching the kitten's ears, happy that the two animals had welcomed her presence so readily. She had always had a soft spot for animals. As she listened to his response she sighed lightly biting her lip. "I certainly have no intention to returning to that wretched city of my own volition. Its still hard to believe that he would have made that choice, I didn't think he would be distraught, or stupid, enough to bind himself to someone like that." Her fingers stilled for an instant at the thought of her being used to keep Shinji in line.

She tilted her head lightly to look up at Hunter. "I know you would prefer me to avoid him entirely, but I don't think that would be possible even if I were to agree to such a thing. Others remember, and could still go looking for me if he does something dumb. I will do my best to minimize the possible exposure." She took his hand lightly and squeezed it. "I....I know. Despite the fact that it had hurt initially, I had hoped that he would have been able to move on in his life, without me. Without me in his life, I had hoped he would move on and find happiness with another, someone who didn't bring pain." She brought his hand to her cheek and rested against it. "I know he'll try, but things aren't the same anymore."

Last edited by shemeno on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

shemeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Someone who didn't bring pain? Not a single soul existed on this Earth that qualified for that. Humans, all humans, brought pain along with joy. The man shook his head. "He'll never find someone that will never bring him pain. It's not the human condition to be this way, little angel. With joy comes sorrow, and with happiness comes pain. If we love someone, they can cause us the worst agony we've ever known. It's part of the drawbacks of being able to love. With the sweet comes the bitter." He wanted to ask what had changed, wanted to know what she meant. He knew what he hoped she meant, but that could be wishful thinking and self destruction. So he kept his silence and did as he'd always done with her. Let her make her steps when and if she would.

His head turned into her hand, nuzzling her palm lightly. His face was slightly rough with five o'clock shadow, but he kissed her palm softly, raising his hand to hold hers. "If someone comes to you because he's done something stupid, please find me. Do not go alone. Be wary about him. The woman he serves seems to want to harm both of us. It does not bode well. And we know that they have some very dangerous individuals working for them. Please be careful. I didn't lie when I told the mage I'd kill him if he gets you hurt, let alone if he is responsible for your death. I-" Hunter barely stopped himself from saying what he was going to say next, knowing it would only pressure her. Instead, he let the silence between them settle.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shemeno Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Mika curled into him softly. She sighed, knowing his words were true, but that didn't take the hope away. "I know, but its in my nature to hope. I don't like to see others hurting." She whispered quietly. She certainly never wanted to cause Hunter pain. The thought of that made her heart ache. She knew what had changed.

She smiled lightly as he kissed her palm. She rested her head on his shoulder lightly. "If it happens I will be sure to find you. I don't intend to knowingly put myself directly in harms way. I've seen enough of what they are capable of to be wary. I don't want to put myself in a situation where I could be hurt, or where you could be hurt." Her breath caught lightly as he stopped his words. The silence settled between them as she bit her lip lightly. She raised his hand to her lips and kissed it softly.

shemeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Hunter's breath caught, his eyes widening as she kissed his own hand. He blinked out of sheer surprise at her movement, as she wasn't usually so affectionate in a physical manner. He gathered her closer against him, lowering his head to nuzzle against hers. "That is acceptable. I don't wish to limit you, or make you feel restricted. I just want you safe. And that boy may care for you, but he's too short sighted to keep you safe. Too young in his mind, than even his teenage years. It worries me." He pressed his face into the curve of her neck and gave a sigh.

"I am just glad for moments like this." He said, sitting back and getting comfortable. There was something he wanted to ask her, had been wanting to ask her. It simply took building courage. "Are you happy with your living arrangements, sweet angel?" He ventured softly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shemeno Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Mika heard his breath catch and she smiled softly. Returning the nuzzling gesture she looked up at him. "I know you would not plan to make me feel caged. I wouldn't want to give you cause to worry." She knew at this point Shinji was in no place to attempt to keep her safe, even if that was his aim. A hint of pink crept into her cheeks as his face settled into her neck.

Sighing lightly, she squeezed his hand lightly. Moments like this were to be treasured. "I really am too. I love to be just like this." As his question her head tilted softly, letting the long hair shift and fall over her shoulder. "My current living arrangements? I am not really attached to them. I've felt vaugly like a drifter for a while now." Her dorm room had felt empty and cold, she had been fine staying with Kaya, but it wasn't really her place.

shemeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:51 pm

His thumb traced circles on her hand as he smiled slightly. It made him happy to know that she treasured moments like this one as much as he did. He pulled her closer, nearly into his lap, though not quite, to ask his next question in that serious way of his. "How would you like to move into this home with me? It would certainly make it warmer here, for me. You have your own bedroom to do with what you please. Does that sound like something you'd like, sweet angel?" His hand lifted to the hair that had fallen over her shoulder, combing gently through it as he'd been wont to do, fingertips light on her scalp.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shemeno Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:05 pm

She cuddled against him softly as she listened to his question. She thought for a moment as he combed through her hair. As his fingers moved against her scalp her head tilted into his fingers lightly. She looked up at Hunter with a bright smile. "If you would not mind, then I would love to move in here. I know I would feel warmer and safer being closer to you." She smiled at the thought of making a home again, and being near to Hunter.

shemeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:03 pm

He looked down at her, a small smile playing at his lips. "Why would I mind having you here, little angel? Do you believe your friend will miss you too much?" He asked softly. He didn't think it would effect much, other than having more visitors. It was a thing he would have to get used to. Reclusive as he was, he had already accepted that she wasn't. He hesitated before he said his next words. "I understand if you are going to be the boy's friend, but if you would, please do not bring him here. He is just the sort that my wards tend to protect against, and I do not feel comfortable keying him in to always be allowed here. I hope...that does not offend you." He looked at her closely, searching for any irritation or upset. He wouldn't change his request, but it would still be good to know.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shemeno Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Her eyes met his, a soft smile obvious in them. "I wouldn't think that you would mind, but I still had to make sure. I really would love to stay here with you." She knew she was more likely to have people over than he was, but she also knew how he was. She would never have enough visitors to make him uncomfortable. Her hand in his, she sensed the hesitation before his question. Listening carefully she nodded. "That doesn't offend me Hunter. Whether I remain friends with him...will depend on his actions. However I have no intention to bring him here. Your wards are probably right to protect against him." Her eyes held no irritation, more comfort as she leaned her head against his shoulder again.

shemeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum